Support our operations and workshop teams by bringing with you your skills to support the services needed for rotating equipment.
This fulltime role will include but not limited to:
● Support of all activities related to the service, installation, repair or maintenance of IPS Australia and client products and other products taken on for service or repair.
● Work under the supervision of the Workshop Manager and or the Operation Manager.
● Inspection and repair on valves including testing and reporting
● Set up, adjustment and operation of centre lathes, milling and boring machines, and other hand and machine tools and equipment to produce parts or tools by turning, milling, grinding, welding etc.
● Provision of technical service of a varied nature ensuring compliance with specifications provided by represented companies and clients, and that jobs are completed to schedule and to the required quality standards.
● Disassembling faulty parts and tools and repair or replace defective parts
● Fitting and assembling parts, tools or sub-assemblies
● Checking accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or sub-assemblies
● Examination of detailed drawings or specification to find out job, material and equipment requirements
● Support of the Workshop Manager in all general service enquiries including quotations, orders and control of stock, consumables etc. in the workshop
● Assistance in the provision of timely, high quality workshop reports.
● Maintaining standards as applicable for our various represented companies and applicable Australian Standards.
● Working under limited supervision either individually or in a team environment.
● Participate in OHSE related issues within the workshop and on field service (documentation, consultation, injury avoidance, injury management, compliance with current OHSE Legislation.
● Understanding, implementing, and adherence to QA techniques
You will work mainly on:
● Steam and gas turbines
● Industrial gearboxes
● Reciprocating compressors valves
● Compressors and expanders
● All type of rotors
This is predominately a workshop position. However ability to travel to field locations within Australia is required from time to time.
Essential Skills and knowledge:
To be considered you will have a trade qualification coupled with rotating equipment experience such as steam turbines, axial, radial, reciprocating and screw compressors, pumps, gearboxes, gas turbines and other rotating equipment from different manufacturers. The incumbent has a good understanding/knowledge of quality and safety management systems. Training on the necessary procedures for service and maintenance will be provided, such as:
● Burckhardt valve refurbishment and testing
● Shaft balancing using Schenk latest CAB 920 sytem
● Shaft alignment using Pruftechnik alignment system
● Computer Aided Design using Solidworks
● Rigging, confined space, working at height, high tork, forklift
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and have a strong commitment to achieving safety standards. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged. You will have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and will have sound communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, an opportunity for career growth and development as well as the chance to work with a team of driven and professional colleagues who encourage and support the delivery of optimum results.
To apply, send your letter of application and resume detailing your qualifications, experience and references. If you have any question please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click apply.