Field Service Engineer
Immediate opportunity to join our operations team in delivering services to clients in Australia and the pacific.
The sucessfull candidates will have 3+ years experience in rotating equipment and work on sites in Australia, New Zealand, PNG, Pacific Islands. Your role main responsibilities will include:
● Carry out field service activities on rotating machinery from various manufacturers
● Strip, inspect, repair, rebuild, commission machinery including reporting and recommendations
● Supervise a team of mechanical fitters and is capable of working autonomously
● Support the operation of the service activities with technical expertise
● Assist the operation of the workshop as required including hands on activity during field service down time.
● Assist sales activities for both workshop and field services in conjunction with IPS Business Development Managers. Including customer visits.
● Provide technical customer support to clients
● Develop detailed scope of works to assist in sales and contract execution.
● Development of specific quality documentation (ITP’s, IRS, Work Procedures) for service activities in conjunction with Operation Manager
● Provide on the job training for IPS service personnel
You will work mainly on:
● Steam and gas turbines
● Axial, centrifugal, multistage, integrally gear compressors and expanders
● Screw compressors
● Fans and blowers
● Industrial gearboxes
● Reciprocating compressors and valves
● All type of rotors
This is predominately a Field Service position. Ability to travel to field locations within Australia is required. The applicant will be able to work on his own or part of a team according to OHS& E standard. The Field Service Engineer is the Supervisor on site and manages the team as well as being the main point of contact for our client.
To be considered you will:
● Have a Master/Bachelor degree or a certificate IV in Mechanical Engineering
● Be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident
● Have 5+ years rotating equipment experience
● Be based in NSW or willing to relocate to our workshop location
● Have experience in project management (favourable but not essential)
● Have a professional accreditation such as CPEng, NER, RPEng, RPEQ (favourable but not essential)
We are looking for high achievers who strive for results and have a strong commitment to achieving safety standards. We want people who are professional, innovative, committed and looking to be challenged. You will have a pragmatic approach to problem solving and will have sound communication skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of different stakeholders.
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, an opportunity for career growth and development as well as the chance to work with a team of driven and professional colleagues who encourage and support the delivery of optimum results.
To apply, send your letter of application and resume detailing your qualifications, experience and references. If you have any question please send us an email at email@example.com or click apply.